What Will Antibody Testing Accomplish (right now) For Those Working In Dentistry?



Follow All The Dental Things
On
 

Lots of talk right now about antibody testing- especially for dental professionals. I'm sure every day more information that is backed by science will become available and help us make more educated decisions. I'm also hopeful the tests will become more accurate in their ability to test for the antibodies. 

With the information we have right now I decided to take the antibody test- I will hear back today or tomorrow with my results.

I will personally feel a little better about returning to work as a dental hygienist if I know that I have the antibodies already. My thought is that having the antibodies would mean we are at least a little less suseptable at the moment.

Little is the most important word in the previous sentence. Right now we don't know what the antibodies will actually tell us as far as if and when we could be at  risk for reinfection for ourselves or ability to carry and transmit. 

A few local clinics in my area are offering the tests, it looks like they are charging $85 for an exam and $55 for the test.
Some offices are offering to cover their team members copay if they elect to get tested.

Below is information that the clinic I used posted to their Facebook page: Springfield Urgent Care



  This video has helpful information⬇️⬇️


Comments

Popular Posts