How I Organize My Chaos


Full disclosureorganization does not come naturally or easily for me, my style would best be described as "organized chaos," what I lack in my natural organizational tendencies I make up for with my burning need to be productive and thorough.

Marie Kondo, if you are reading this  I need you to know that I did read your book and I cleaned out my closet but then you lost me. I tried!!! Who has that much time?

For my readers who haven't yet hired your personnel organizer and said to good bye to every unnecessary item in your life- you are my people.

First lets establish that organization is fleeting, once you achieve it you have to keep achieving it otherwise its as if you never achieved it at all- very insightful, I know!

Second, organization looks different for everyone- find what works for you. Maybe minimization is your thing, color coding, transitioning everything to digital, filing cabinets galore...maybe a combo.

I'm convinced I won't achieve my optimum organizational potential for at least 10 years, unfortunately tiny humans come with a lot of stuff, events, craft materials and minimal tidiness skills! (maybe I'll make The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing required reading now that we have been forced into homeschooling)

So until they head off to college- managing my chaos is actually my end goal! 
Here are my favorite organizational things!


If you only get one thing from reading this- 
Please, do yourself a favor and check out this app because
it's amazingly helpful!



PLANNERS
yes, with an "s."
I have a monthly planner and a daily planner.
Every morning I set up my day in the daily planner by transferring info
from my monthly planner and scheduling out my day



Folders and colors
that's it...don't underestimate the value of color coded folders




Colored tab paper clips on Amazon
these are seriously the best! I love that I can see them above the folders




" For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned." Benjamin Franklin








Comments

Popular Posts